Welcome. We are a boutique law firm that provides specialist legal advice to the sport and recreation and not-for-profit sectors.
Why work with us
- We are expert lawyers who practice exclusively in the law affecting sport and not-for-profit organisations.
- In sport, we specialise in providing strategic legal advice on a wide range of issues, including: constitutions, governance and legal structures, charities, contracts, sponsorship, event management, selection, doping, misconduct, and disputes.
- In the not-for-profit sector, we have particular expertise in the establishment and restructuring of not-for-profit and social enterprise entities, as well as constitutional, governance and charities issues.
- We care and are passionate about New Zealand and its communities. As we work in the sport and not-for-profit sectors every day, we have developed considerable expertise in these fields and understands the context in which her clients’ legal issues arise.
- We pride ourselves on being efficient and being able to deliver practical value-for-money solutions for our clients.
Maria, and Maria Clarke Lawyers, has recently been the recipient of three awards recognising her achievements and standing in sports law. In October 2015 she was voted by Who’s Who Legal as a *2015 Leading Practitioner in Sport & Entertainment in New Zealand*. She has now achieved this award for three years running. In early November 2015,...