Maria Clarke offers legal advice for not-for-profit organisations. She cover most areas of the law, that affect people and organisations, in the not-for-profit sectors.
Not-for-profit organisations play an important role in New Zealand society and Maria provides expert advice to the sector, across the board, including national associations, clubs, social enterprise ventures, charities, industry training organisations and societies throughout New Zealand. Her work in this area includes the general commercial and governance work outlined in Commercial and Management and Governance with particular expertise in:
- Establishing, restructuring and merging NFPs.
- Registration and associated issues under Charities Act.
- Compliance with Incorporated Societies Act, Charitable Trusts Act and other related legislation, regulations and legal requirements.
- Drafting constitutions including advice on amending and meeting procedure.
- Dispute resolution.
- Employment Contracts and disputes.
- Funding contracts.
- Roles and responsibilities of trustees and directors.