Welcome. We are a boutique law firm that provides specialist legal advice to the sport and recreation and not-for-profit sectors.
Why work with us
- We are expert lawyers who practice exclusively in the law affecting sport and not-for-profit organisations.
- In sport, we specialise in providing strategic legal advice on a wide range of issues, including: constitutions, governance and legal structures, charities, contracts, sponsorship, event management, selection, doping, misconduct, and disputes.
- In the not-for-profit sector, we have particular expertise in the establishment and restructuring of not-for-profit and social enterprise entities, as well as constitutional, governance and charities issues.
- We care and are passionate about New Zealand and its communities. As we work in the sport and not-for-profit sectors every day, we have developed considerable expertise in these fields and understands the context in which her clients’ legal issues arise.
- We pride ourselves on being efficient and being able to deliver practical value-for-money solutions for our clients.
Maria has recently been appointed as Vice-Chairperson of the International Paralympic Committee’s (IPC) Governance Review...
Maria, and Maria Clarke Lawyers, has recently been the recipient of three awards recognising her...
Maria has also been recently appointed to the International Olympic Committee’s (IOC) Marketing Commission. This...